charlottelynn

charlottelynn

Sweet Heat at Bayside - Addison Cole

Sweet Heat at Bayside is the perfect book about love, friendship, and family.     Never is there a doubt that these Bayside friends and family will protect, love, and help you with whatever you need.    Most of the time you do not even need to ask, they just do it and instinctively know what is needed at any given time, even if it is to leave a person alone to figure things out themselves.       The heat part of the story is my favorite.  Addison Cole writes a clean and steamy story.    She leaves some of the story to the readers imagination but leads them right to the edge before letting them go.

While this is part of a series it can be read easily as a stand-alone story.   Each book is its own complete story with the characters from other books just checking in to let the reader know what is going on with them.   The past characters are just as fun to read about as the characters that the book is actually focused it.   You learn about babies, weddings, and anything else that is happening.

Sweet Heat at Bayside tells the story of Drake and Serena.    They have been friends since childhood, best friends for many years, and have worked together for 4 years.    Circling each other, feeling the heat between them, but never acting on it is how their relationship has been.    The timing just never seemed right to move their relationship to the next level.    Yet, with Serena moving to Boston for a new job it is time for Drake to let his feelings out and oh was it wonderful.   There was no easing into it, no doubt of feelings, and no going slow.    Drake just jumped right in, took what he wanted and Serena loved every minute of it.

As I am a big Addison Cole fan, I thought I knew what to expect.    She managed to surprise me with how much control Drake kept when it came to pushing Serena in their relationship.    He could have asked her to stay, asked her to move back, and Serena probably would have but he respected her so much that he never did.   He let her spread her wings, find her way, and supported her with each step.

Pick up this book and the rest of Addison’s books.   They are sweet with heat.   They have amazing friendships and wonderful relationships.