charlottelynn

charlottelynn

Fighting for Everything - Laura Kaye
I love this book so much.    Friends to lovers is a story that I find myself drawn to.   Laura Kaye tells the story of Kristina and Noah.   Best friends growing up with an underlying of attraction until they come together after Noah returns from his deployment injured and feeling broken.    The minute Kristina walked into the picnic and sees Noah the sparks flew.     The attraction was there and there could be no doubt that something had changed.    While they jumped right into exploring the attraction there wasn't an insta-relationship.    They fought it, they pushed it away, and they worked hard to figure out how they could come together without losing what was so important to them.

Fighting for Everything is a romance book but it is also the story of a soldier coming home from deployment different from how he left.    It is the story of PTSD and how it affects not only the soldier but those who love him.  It is also a story of people, strangers, coming together and pushing each other to find themselves again.   The story of other retired military who have gone through what Noah is going through and helping others.

This is a heart breaking, heart warming, wonderful, eye-opening story.     I am excited for more from the Warrior Fight Club.