charlottelynn

charlottelynn

Her Last Word - Mary Burton

Her Last Word is a book that has a face paced, intense storyline.   The police procedural part tells the story of a cold case that has the potential to tie into a current case.    It was interesting to me to see how Detective John Adler was able to take a case that had been all but forgotten for so many years and use the clues from that story to bring back to life, working to solve it, and working to use the clues to solve past and present murders.

This is a romantic suspense book with twists and turns that I never saw coming.    I loved the different timelines between the present story and Kaitlin's interviews.   Sometimes the storylines didn't come together when going between the two of them as smoothly as I thought they should but that was part of what happen.   The fact that the notes that Kaitlin got did not always match what the police were finding out.   The romance part of the story was minimal and I liked that it was not at the front of the storyline.  That allowed me to focus on the murders and try to figure out who dun-it.    I will say I never guessed correctly.