charlottelynn

charlottelynn

First Crush, Last Love - Elizabeth McKenna

My Thoughts…

A romance novel set in the 80’s & 90’s is right up my alley.  I grew up in this time and loved flashing back to my high school years.   The clicks, the attitudes, and the crushes were all perfect for the setting and the characters.   While in high school who hasn’t hoped that a couple would break up so that she could jump into the open spot in the relationship?    That is exactly what Jessie spent her entire high school hoping would happen with Lee.

It was refreshing to see a friendship between Lee and Jessie.   There was more than just hormones and lust.    Their friendship was true to their age, with the witchy girlfriend being jealous and the other friends looking at them like they were hiding something.    At some points in the story I was hoping Jessie could move on, forget Lee, and just get on with her life.  Until she did… then I was screaming for her to find Lee and get back to the good things in life.

I really enjoyed First Crush, Last Love.  It was fun to reminisce about the high school years.