charlottelynn

charlottelynn

Lovers at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers) - Addison Cole

Have you ever started a book and known from the very first pages that this couple MUST be together?   That is what I felt when Grayson walks in on Parker in a candy eating, watching a scary movie, and getting drunk.     There is no judgment, no harsh words, just concern, understanding, and acceptance.   He is the forever gentleman taking care of this woman that he only knows through emails in a time when she is so alone.    SIGH… what an amazing man.

I loved the Bert and Abe storyline.     Bert, the man Parker thought of as a father, knew exactly what he was doing by leading Parker to Abe.   While Abe is a mean, crabby, old man he opens his heart to Parker and Grayson.    Abe’s death leads to a happily ever after for Parker which is exactly what she deserved.   I love that Grayson was with her every step of the way.

Addison Cole is talented in her writing.   She has a knack for her wonderful seaside settings, amazing characters, and sweet storylines.    The settings are described in such detail that they are easy to picture, making the reader feel as if they are there with the characters.     The characters are fun, sweet, and real.     They end up being friends of the reader while taking the reader on their amazing life journeys.    And the storylines…oh so sweet.     The attention to the little details pull the reader right into the book and never let them go.   Even when the last word is read I continue to think about their story and wonder what will happen next in this series.

I am a HUGE fan of the Sweet with Heat series and am always excited when another book is being released.     With each book I get to know new characters, catch up with some old favorites, and revisit some of my favorite book places.