charlottelynn

charlottelynn

Paris Ever After - K.S.R. Burns

Amy turns 30 in Paris, doesn't that sound wonderful. It is. Amy ran away to Paris and met the most wonderful woman who took her in like Amy was her daughter. She found a job that she enjoyed, friends that she wanted to spend time with, and then she found out she was pregnant. She tried to tell her estranged husband but he refused to answer any of her attempts. Then she sees him, at the hotel she had stayed at, and she wonders what he wants and if he came to get her, to win her back over. Amy is a strong character and was able to take what was thrown at her without really losing a step. There were a few twists that I wondered if her reaction was realistic. The fact that her husband shows up, finds out she is pregnant, and then proceeds to just spend time with her without having an important conversation seemed off to me but Amy just went on with life. Maybe more of us should be that easy going but I do believe most people would question their husband about their intentions. There were a few other happenings that made me go HMM... is that real. The setting of Paris is one of my favorites. I love hearing about the sites, the great cafes, the beautiful cathedrals, and the wonderful sounds of Paris. Every time I read a book in this setting I hope that it takes me to a place that I haven't been and someday hope to visit. K.S.R. Burns is talented with her words and is able to transport her readers to a wonderful city. There are a few side stories, a friend now being who they seem and a stranger showing up and pushing Amy out of her comfort area, that kept the story interesting. I liked that they added an additional twist to a story that seemed to be heading down the path I expected it to.