charlottelynn

charlottelynn

The Family Gathering - Robyn Carr

I am a Robyn Carr fan.   When I pick up one of her books I know that I am going to find a good romance story with wonderful, realistic characters.    The Family Gathering is exactly that and more.   I found a book with an amazingly unique and fun family, a storyline that I lost myself in, and a series that I am looking forward to more from.

The Family Gathering is a book with a lot going on.    The main story is Dakota’s return to Sullivan’s Crossing and his trying to find his new normal.     He has to adjust to having family around, having friends, and living a civilian life.   In addition to Dakota’s story, the reader gets to catch up with his siblings and where they are in their lives.    There were a few times that I felt like I was lost in the secondary stories and there was too much going on.

While there are tough subjects touched on within this story such as divorce, stalking, adoption, and mental illness this is a romance story.   If you love a good story as much as I do pick up this book and meet the wonderful people of Sullivan Crossing.