charlottelynn

charlottelynn

Flying at Night - Rebecca L.  Brown

Fly at Night was emotionally pulling.    I felt for Piper, I disliked her mother, I wanted to give her husband a guiding hand, and I wanted to hug her son.     Piper was overwhelmed.    Her mother was selfish, although with the abusive lifestyle she lived in she was due to be selfish.      Her husband just needs someone to show him what to do, he wants to help but doesn’t quite know what to do.    Curtis, her son, has autism and lives a full life with just some idiosyncrasies that make him sometimes hard to understand.

I felt for Piper.     She is a stay at home mom with so much on her plate and she doesn’t ask for help.    Piper has an autistic son, a father who is now mentally challenged after having a heart attack, and a husband who seems to want to help but doesn’t know what to do.   Add to that a mother who walked away and left her to deal with everything.     I am not sure how much more she could handle without crumbling.

This book was interesting, I enjoyed it.   Yet, it felt like I was reading a story.  I know I was but I like to fall into my books, become attached to the characters, and become invested in the plot.    With Fly at Night I wasn’t as invested in the story.    I enjoyed it, I wanted to know what happens, and I am glad that I took the time to read it.

Source: http://asoccermomsbookblog.blogspot.com